FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SHED TO ORDER?
- If for storage we usually recommend that you have as few doors as possible as door openings affect / reduce the wall space in the shed to lean things up against.
- If you have larger items, a double door is a great idea.
- For larger sheds we suggest that if you are using it as a workshop you might consider a double door, and perhaps a carefully placed single door to allow for airflow through the shed.
Pool Pump Covers:
- If you are planning on putting in a pool as well, we can do a matching pool pump cover with top hinged roof and single door at the front as well for you.
- Remember that sometimes it’s easier to put up a small shed to cover the pump and store chemicals/ equipment all in the one spot. For this purpose we recommend products such as the Yardsaver 53 or the Stoaway 65
- Because of the thickness of this material and our construction method, we are happy to advise you that our sheds come with a N3 wind rating – standard for most councils.
- For higher weather requirements, we are able to upgrade most products to a C2 wind zone for a small fee – please advise at time of ordering.
- We sell touch-up paint if you have any scratches – just email us with your colour and how many tins you require and we’ll quote you on paint and postage.
- Mr Sheds products come in choice of Zinc and Designer Colours. ABSCO Sheds are provided in Zincalume or Colorbond Colours. Zincalume and Colorbond are Trade Marks of Bluescope Steel. Your choice of Zinc or Colour must be chosen at time of ordering.
- We have some samples that we can send you if you require a ‘real-life’ representation. These are usually much more accurate than colour representations on websites and allow you to determine the effect of light and shade, as well as reflection at the site where you’re planning on installing your shed.
- Simply email us with your details and any colours you’re interested in and we’ll get them to you ASAP.
- If colour is less important we recommend choosing Zinc (or Zincalume for ABSCO) if available for your choice of product, which is usually cheaper. Zinc sheds are not designed to be painted, those who try usually spend more money on paint and maintenance than on the difference of purchasing a Designer Colour or Colorbond shed in the first place.
- If you are ordering a shed for behind the house, garage etc. and not in usual view, we recommend that you might consider Zinc (if available) as a great way to save money.
- If you’re going to be looking at it all day from your house, it’s beside other Colour or Colorbond structures, or light might be reflected back into your house, we recommend Coloured steel to blend in with other structures. Coloured steel also doesn’t reflect as much light/glare as zinc sheds do. Generally, if it's not required to match with a Coloubond fence or other structures, Mist Green (or Colorbond Pale Eucalypt) is the best colour for blending into the background.
- DIY – our sheds are designed for easy installation by the client using Spanbilt’s Speedifix and Fastrak assembly systems.
- We recommend that you read all the instructions first, ensure that you have all the equipment and fine weather required, before you begin assembling your shed.
- All shed kits come with the fixings required to assemble the shed, as well as tie-downs unless otherwise stated in the product guide.
- Spanbilt offers Mr Sheds customers a free-call building service for all of it’s products. This service is available Monday - Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm – details will be included in your shed kit.
- It is definitely worth reading through Spanbilt’s handy hints before you begin assembling your new shed – these can be viewed at www.spanbilt.com.au/Site/100700.asp
- We estimate that most sheds up to 3 x 3m will take anywhere between 3 – 5 hours to put together fully depending on accessories, size of the shed and whether you’ve actually read the instructions :)
- The slab for your structure needs to be minimum 100mm (10cm) thick and 10cm longer and wider than the structure size so that the bolts have something to grab to without crumbling the edge of your slab when the shed is installed.
- Slabs must be flat and level and WITHOUT a recess.
- Exact slab requirements are listed with product details.
- We deliver Australia wide. View delivery areas and costs.
- If you wish to pick up your shed please advise at time of ordering. Pick ups can be from our Underwood office at Unit 3, 3293 Logan Road, Underwood. Please phone 3341 8333 before you come to collect to arrange a suitable time. Generally, pick-ups must arrive after 10 am and before 3.30pm Mon – Thurs, 10am – 2pm Fridays and 9am and 10.45am Saturdays (Saturday pickups by appointment ONLY).
- Pick up can be achieved successfully in cars where the seats can drop down, vans, utes, or box trailers.
- We only suggest that our sheds are 99% waterproof as we cannot control the weather, or the position of the shed on blocks where water may flow through.
- Although we do not suggest a rebate for sheds, or seal with a silica gel, we suggest that if you are really worried about water getting in, just get some sealant and apply around the shed – bearing in mind that sometimes this can trap water on the floor if it has nowhere to drain to. We do not provide this service ourselves.
- Mr Sheds is not certified to provide you with council approval for any shed.
- For sheds larger than 10sqm you will generally require council approval for most councils and shires.
- Certification is around $590. Generally, anything under 3m x 3m won't require the council approval.
- We recommend that you contact a building certifier and discuss any approval requirements you may have. Larger sheds (i.e. over 10sqm) usually come with the plans etc. required for council approval. Please contact Mr Sheds directly to discuss your requirements.
- Once you have confirmed the size, material and any extras that you would like for your shed, please complete the online order form or email us your details, including a mobile number to contact you on.
- We will write your order up, give you an estimated date of delivery, and an order number. It is important that you keep your order number on hand as searching without an order number is time consuming and may delay any questions/ changes you wish to make.
- We then ask that you complete your payment via any of the methods below using your order number as a reference for all types of payments.
- Once payment is cleared we will send you a confirmation email and you’re done!!
- We are a small family business so in order to keep costs down (and therefore be able to provide such great prices for our customers) we do not accept EFTPOS or credit cards.
- We accept cheques or money orders, direct transfers into our accounts,paypal or cash.
- Please remember that for checques, money orders or direct transfers to allow at least 3 working days for funds to clear. Receipts of transfers will be accepted.
- Direct transfers can be made to
Bank of Queensland
BSB: 124 001
Account #: 2095 0985
Account name: Mr Sheds
- Or paypal with email@example.com
- Please note that we do not process your order until payment is received and all funds cleared.
- Please choose your product carefully. Mr Sheds works with Spanbilt to manufacture your shed to your own specifications.
- Cancellation, changes or returns will not be accepted after receipt of your order.
- Spanbilt sheds come with either a 5 or 10 year warranty depending on the product. The warranties are listed with the product information. Warranty details will be in your shed kit and for future warranty enquiries, we ask that you contact Spanbilt directly.
- Customers must complete and send in their warranty form to commence warranty. These are in the kits supplied with the products.